It is hard sometimes to stay active when we are all stuck at home; wanting to do nothing other than be lazy and watch tv. Here are a list of some fun outdoor activities to do in the Orange County Area, that follow COVID-19 Regulations:
- Orange County Ropes Course : This activity is fun for the whole family, and is good for bonding time as well! Don’t worry you are wearing a harness that is attached to a type of zip-line. It is a great way to get out of the house but easy enough to follow COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Santa Ana River Trail : Always in the mood for some good exercise? The Santa Ana River Trail is a trail that goes along the riverbed, where you can bike, walk, or run. It will take you all the way to the beach, and it is safe from cars! There is a little construction going on along the Anaheim Hills part, but it is still a great place to get some good exercise.
- Long Beach Water Bikes : The water bikes are great for a beautiful weekend day to spend time with loved ones! You can go durning the day, or when the sun goes down, they off a light up bike that lets you have just as much fun exploring the water at night, and maybe get a little exercise in the process.
- Top of the World Hike : This is a popular hiking destination for Laguna Beach. It is a 2.4 mile hike to the top, and once you step foot on the top, you get a beautiful view of the ocean. I suggest doing an early morning hike, maybe be able to watch the sunrise!
- Whale Watching : Most beaches in Southern California participate in Whale Watching: Newport Beach, Dana Point, Redondo Beach, Oceanside, etc. They are pretty easy to find, and always a fun way to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air, if you don’t get too seasick!
- Swan Pedal Boat Rides : This one has to be my favorite! You and up to 4 guests can reserve a Swan Boat to pedal around Echo Park! If you go at sunset, they turn on lights that are wrapped around the boat and light up the lake! You have an hour to take all the pictures you want, while maybe even getting a little wet from the Fountain in the middle of the lake!
Comment below of any great ideas for more outdoor activities to do during COVID!