This year can be pretty tricky as COVID-19 is still affecting everyone around the world. However, we cannot stop celebrating the holidays! Everyone seems to love this time of year, so here a list of a few things to do as we all stay safe at home:
- Holiday Movie Marathon. Get cozy by the fireplace, your favorite blankets, and grab your favorite holiday movies: Elf, The Santa Clause 1, 2, and 3; The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, all the Home Alone movies, and much more. Tip: Hallmark Movie Channel really has some good Christmas movies to watch, and they are ALWAYS on.
- Crafting Christmas Presents. This year, money can be a little tight, so instead of ordering everything online, maybe give the gift of crafts. Yes, we all love those nice expensive presents, but this year is about more than that. We love everyone in our lives so dearly, so why not show them with something you crafted with love, whether it be an ornament to put on someone’s tree, or succulents made out of mason jars, or even homemade stockings. It is always a good idea to spread love with some homemade gifts.
- Decorate together for the holidays. While you can put up the Christmas tree, decorate it with ornaments, maybe even make the ornaments to put on the tree, blast some Christmas music and let go of stress by enjoying this crazy time with the family. Maybe even decorate a gingerbread house together!
- Bake holiday cookies. A good way to spread Christmas cheer is baking some homemade cookies: decorated sugar cookies, peanut butter with chocolate kisses on top, gingerbread cookies, and don’t forget chocolate chip cookies! It is fun to do together as a family, but also give to your neighbors, or close friends, to show how much you love them, but how much you know they secretly love sugar, hahahah!
- Family Slumber Party. Grab your family members, cozy up by dressing in your favorite holiday pajamas with your favorite blankets, gather by the fireplace (if you have one) and pretend you’re camping under the stars. Tell stories, and just enjoy the time with your family members, not focusing on the pandemic.
Let us know below what you guys are doing this holiday season, while staying safe at home!